Selected Research Projects funded by external agencies
- Major Research Project (MRP) under IoE, University of Delhi Delhi School of Climate Change & Sustainability titled, “Monitoring and Mapping Climate Driven Glacial Retreat (CliDr- GlaR) and Modeling of Hydro- Flow- Shed Delineation (Hy-FloSheD) of Bea-Chen Pir Panjal (Beas –Chenab Valley of Pir Panjal Range), Lesser Himalaya.” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 23 lacs (Prof. B. W. Pandey: PI) 2022
- Research Project (RP) funded by PMMMNMTT, Research Project entitled “Impact assessment of climate variability on Tea Production in Darjeeling Region of West Bengal using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning Techniques” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 10,05000 (Dr. Netrananda Sahu: PI) 2022
- Major Research Project (MRP) funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) MHRD, Government of India Research Project on entitled “Impact of climate change and anthropogenic activities on spring disappearance A Geospatial study on issues of water security in Himachal Pradesh, India” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 9,00000 (Dr. Netrananda Sahu: PI) 2022
- Major Research Project (MRP) funded by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) MHRD, Government of India Research Project on entitled “Evolving adaptive Feed-forward Agricultural Practices (FFAP) for climate vulnerable Tribal Households of Cold Desert region, Lahaul and Spiti District.” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 7,50000 (Dr. Pankaj Kumar: PI) 2022
- Research Project under Institute of Eminence (IoE), University of Delhi entitled “Accelerated Change in Glacial Environment and Fragmentation of Glacial in Baspa River Valley” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 3 lacs (Dr. Pankaj Kumar: PI) 2022-2023
- Major Research Project (MRP) under Department of Science and Technology (DST)-BRICS project titled “Joint validation of Multi-Source Remote Sensing Information and Sharing in BRICS Countries” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 33,62,929 (Dr. Pankaj Kumar: PI) 2021-2023
- Research Project under Institute of Eminence (IoE), University of Delhi entitled “Water Logging, Vulnerability Assessment and Mitigation Measures: A case study of North Delhi” Sanctioned Amount Rs. 1,75,000 (Dr. Pankaj Kumar: PI) 2021-2022
- Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS): Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) MHRD, Government of India Research Project on entitled "Assessing Human Adaptability for Building Policy Framework against Climate Variability in High Altitude River Basins of Leh, India"funded amount: 16 lacs. (Prof. B. W. Pandey: PI) 2019-2021.
- Research Project entitled “Climate Variability and its Impact on Agrobiodiversity and Livelihood Security in Traditional Farming of the Sikkim Himalaya” funded by G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, Kosi- Katarmal, Almora (Uttarakhand) Under National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS), Integrated Ecodevelopment Research Programme in Himalayan Region, Grant Amount Rs. 14.45 lacs (Prof. S.C. Rai: PI) 2018-21.
- “Popular Imaginaries and Discourses on Politics in India: Exploring Cultural Narratives as Sites of Knowledge Construction” Research Grant Received from ICCSR, Fund Amount Rs. 40 lacs ( Prof. Aparajita De: Co-Director) 2017-19
- (HiFlo-DAT): Indian Himalayan Flood Database, for Disaster Risk Reduction: British Council International Collaboration - UGC-UKIERI-III Project between University of Delhi, India and University of Bath Spa, UK. Grant Amount Rs. 15,33,233 ( Prof. B.W. Pandey: Co-PI) 2018-2020.
- “Development of object based image analysis for Landslide identification and hazard zonation in the Himalaya” (Funded by DST, Government of India). Grant Amount Rs. 17.57 lacs (Prof. Ashis Kumar Saha: PI) 2011-2014.